My prototype game, Sak's Flat, is officially ready for public release. This is just version 1.0, so there'll be a few more details for me to add later on. And remember, it's primarily an academic exercise, so be gentle.
Once I put the finishing touches on it, though, I'll be able to do something a little more daring - like Shadow Kittycats Panic, or perhaps just an Implementation of Shampoo's Quest.
- It's possible to pour liquids into container objects that normally wouldn't
serve that purpose. Notably, you can pour gasoline into the microwave
without it spilling everywhere. (But it blows up anyway.)
- I need a way to list the contents of a supporter / container object in a
room description. If there's something on top of the dresser when you enter
a room, you should be able to see it immediately without having to SEARCH
- Drinking and eating from container objects also needs to be enabled.
- Telephone code needs expansion / improvement.
- I'd like to add code so that the way Prominently Displayed Objects are
described can be altered at will. Rather than just saying
"There's a lawn mower here," if the lawn mower is running, I'd like it
to say something like "The noisy mower kicks up grass and dust here."
- I need to find a reasonably cheap game module to put into the arcade machine, and a menu-help system would also be an improvement.